To some I seem overly religious. Others accuse me of being New Age.
Still others consider me dangerous. All this would have given my
grandmothers a chuckle. But perhaps it's true. If it's overly
religious to acknowledge an Intelligent, perfect and balanced Universe
and to further acknowledge that same Intelligence expressed in all
creation, including us, then overly religious I am. If it's New Age to
see value in ancient practices such as prayer, meditation and yoga, to
seek self-awareness and to believe that love is the essence of who and
what we are, then ship me off to Sedona. If it's dangerous to remind
people that they are unique, magnificent expressions of Spirit and that
they are more capable, more loving, more self-sufficient and more
special than perhaps they have previously been led to believe, then I
Another perception I am aware of is that my message is not practical. I
can understand that one. Most of us are used to someone else telling us
what to do. It would be nice if I could give everyone the formula, the
magic wand and foo foo dust, that would guarantee health and happiness
instantly. The fact is, however, that the answers lie only within us,
and are accessible to us anytime we look within. But instead we look
outside of ourselves for answers and then bury our inner light with
sugar and fast food and drugs and negative thoughts and then wonder why
health and happiness seem so elusive. So, to avoid at least one label,
I will be as practical as I can, and share the rules by which I intend
to live my life from this day forward (not necessarily in any order):
- Eat organic foods in as near the state that Mother
Earth provided them as possible.
- Love everyone including yourself (liking is optional).
- Work on your stuff, confront your fears, overcome your
- Laugh. A lot. Do what you love and love what you do.
- Move your body around. A lot.
- Drink water. A lot.
- Chant, pray, meditate every single day. Get connected
to your true self.
- Read more.
- Start listening to your body. It's way smarter than
- Don't put anything into your body that it doesn't need
or that you cannot pronounce.
- Get your spine checked regularly and adjusted if
necessary to remove interference to your life force
(I couldn't leave that one out)